Pregnant? Here's A Checklist for You:
Pregnancy Dental Checklist
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Taking care of your oral health is more important now than ever.
Think of your mouth as the door at which all that good nutrition and fresh water start their journey to your growing baby. With this in mind, maintaining excellent oral health is paramount.
Here is a checklist:
1. make a dental appointment for professional cleaning
2. brush at least twice a day
3. floss once a day to prevent gingivitis (inflammation of the gums)
4. choose healthy snacks
5. drink lots of water
6. keep on schedule for future dental cleanings
7. if you have "unpleasant side effects" due to morning sickness be sure to drink a lot of water and then brush your teeth: stomach acids have negative effects on tooth enamel
As always, please don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions!